Saturday, January 1, 2011

Trying my hand at something..finally

After having a chat with Heidi Manicke, I have decided to start blogging.  I am currently struggling with deciding on a career path, but if journalism is where my heart lies, then why not start writing?  As boring and anti climactic my life is, I figure perhaps someday something interesting may just happen.  And when it does I'll be ready to blog about it!  I strive to be as witty and informative as Hannah Warren and Maya Sebestyen, but let's get real, no one really cares to read about my life.  First of all I live an extremely normal, rather mundane existence.  My childhood has no dramatic storyline and my adolescence pretty much mirrors the average Ontario teenager.  In fact, my footprint on the world up until this point can be summed up as being a fly on the wall.  Top 20 under 20..how do they do it?  I feel like I've wasted talent up until this point.  It is time to make up for it.

So why bother even writing about myself?  Well, for me really.  For jotting down moments I want to remember.  For writing down ideas I want to follow through with.  Let's face it, we go through life experiencing the good and bad, and by the time we're 60, most of those memories have faded.  When my mind starts to go, at least I can read about what once was.

I feel like people start these with a short biography.  Seeing as I don't really plan on telling people about this (unless I start traveling again)  I find that kind of pointless.  But just in case I one day battle with dementia here it goes..

Top ten likes/loves
1) My amazing nieces and nephew
2) New Zealand
3) Hobbits
4) Bubble baths
5) Thinking of storylines for the book that I like to think I will one day write
6) The ocean
7) Vancouver
8) Hanging out with the girls
9) Sleeping under the stars
10) Climbing..still working on improving!

For the record those are in no specific order.

And just because the secret may just be a reality:

Top 5 life goals
1) Live in a house by the sea where I can look out, see a pod of orcas and write my novels
2) Meet Oprah!
3) Learn to speak Spanish
4) CIDA internship
5) Make an award winning documentary

Since today is the first day of 2011, I feel I also need to include my new years goals:

1) Climb/use the ARC more!
2) Make enough money for Africa next year
3) Do well in my 2 classes I have next term. And don't miss class!
4) See Danielle a ton before she leaves

And 5...keep up with my blog!  I recently visited a psychic..who told me a lot of generic stuff.  She also told me I procrastinate enough (who doesnt?) and that I can turn my dreams into reality.  She told me I should be a photojournalist.

Thoughts people? Whoever you may be.  Already if you're reading this you're probably wondering why you just spent the past few minutes of your life on a blog that really has nothing to do with anything.  But I promise you one day it will be worth your time- this is just the beginning of an epic journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment